Send Us Files
Find information on sending us files, our basic art specs and more.
If you have any questions or problems give us a call at 608-849-1984. Thank you for your business!
Upload To Our FTP
To use our File Transfer Site, go to: filetransfer.kramerprinting.com. If you do not have an existing private login you can use our guest access login. Contact your account representative to get the current guest login credentials.
TO UPLOAD A FILE:
- Go to filetransfer.kramerprinting.com
- To login enter the username and password provided by your account representative.
- To Upload a File, click the “Upload A File” button, fill out the short form and click “Next”.
- Use the “Browse” button to find a file on your computer to upload.
- Click “Start Uploading”.
- The window will give a “Done” message under the file name. The file will appear in the file tree list beneath the upload window.
- Close the window. Your job has transferred and Kramer will receive an email notification of the transfer.
Hint: Instead of uploading a bunch of files, try “zipping” your folder and uploading the compressed, zipped file. It will take less time to upload!
File Submission FAQ
We prefer print-ready PDFs. Native files may be requested on a case by case basis depending on your needs.
What color modes and resolution should my files be in.
CMYK as best practice. All RGB images will be converted during our ripping process. We always recommend all images are no less than 300 dpi.
What about bleed?
For any element that extends off the edge of the paper we ask for .125″ bleed. This extra room in essential for trimming and finishing. Please ensure you document has proper bleed in the PDF presets when exporting your final artwork.
What PDF setting should I be using?
Save artwork as Press Quality PDF with .125 bleed. Or better yet, use our PDF preset below.
Download Our Preset
- Open InDesign
- Go to File —> Adobe Preset —> Define
- In the Adobe PDF Presets dialog box select load.
- Navigate to this folder and select XMF PDF.joboptions
- Select Done
When you output your PDF from Indesign select “XMF PDF” from the Preset dropdown at the the top of the export dialog box.